Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Three weeks has gone by and I have still yet to be bored. Usually when I am back in the states, I have to sleep until 12 as well as taking a nap. Every day I get up around 9 to get ready for class. I drink a glass of coffee because coffee is wonderful. Then I sit in class for several hours. Thankfully, the breaks make class bearable. After class, I spend most days going to Spiddal. The food at Tih Gibblin is my favorite. The queso there is wonderful, as well as a lot of the food here. The walk to Spiddal won't ever get old, I don't think. I am constantly amazed by the ocean and the scenery. You can almost guarantee that there will be rain every day. Even if it looks sunny, it will probably rain before the day is done. The rain doesn't bother me now like it does in the states. Usually when it rains I don't like to leave my house but you don't have an option here. The weather has grown on me quicker than I thought it would. The most miserable day that I have had so far is like a normal winter day in Nebraska. I have also gotten crazy close with everyone on the trip. Being out of town means you spend most of your time with the people that are on the trip. Between walking to Spiddal, and just spending lots of days/nights together, you get real close real quick. Another thing I do almost daily is go to the ocean. With the ocean being so close to me, it doesn’t take much to get there and it is a view that won’t get old. For a while, the wifi was being kind of spotty, so having to go to the school house to get wifi was a tough adjustment because I’m so used to it being there right away. Going every day with little wifi was a challenge at first but I don’t think I ever want wifi with me ever again. I’m much more observant and cognizant of the world around me because I’m not constantly on my phone. Take time to put your phone down and enjoy the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment