Monday, April 11, 2016

After what seemed to be one of the longest bus rides in my life, we finally made it to West Port. West Port is a small little town in Country Mayo. This town has been one of the cutest towns I have seen while here in Ireland. Before we got to actually take time out to explore this cute little town, we climbed a mountain.
While on our way to the mountain, we made a pit stop along the road to look at the mountain we would be climbing. Many people said “holy cow, that’s so high up!” but I thought, there is no way that people actually climb that, and there must be another top that everyone is looking at.  To my disbelief, the highest point that I thought no one would reach, was the top we were all aiming for.
Miranda and I walked up the mountain together. The first 5 minutes of the hike, we thought, ‘Oh no, we can’t do this.’ But we didn’t stop, we knew we could make it, so we trucked along. What we thought was half way through, was only an eighth of the way through. Not long after, we started to make little markers for rest for ourselves. These markers made the hike go by a little quicker. Before we knew it, we had made it half way. The view at half way was spectacular. I honestly couldn’t believe that it could get any better.
As we rounded the corner, there popped the rest of the hike. It was almost a straight up and down shot. At this point, Miranda decided it was too much for her body. I managed to make it the rest of the way. It was an unbelievable sight.

To me this hike was an accomplishment, it gave me the confidence to know that I can do anything I set my mind too. To other people, this hike is also a pilgrimage. Many people find themselves on this hike. I personally found a way to light my confidence a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment